This Website is operated under the name BHappyBrand by the company Verda International s.r.o., with the registered office at Klecanska 371, 25066 Zdiby, Czech Republic. Verda International is the controller of your personal data. The personal data controller is the entity which determines the purposes and means of the processing, that is to say, the entity which decides why and how your personal data is processed.
We provide our contact details below in case if you do not find answers to your questions in this document, or should you not understand any of the information given.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: Klecanska 371, 25066 Zdiby, Czech Republic
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Marketing & advertising
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage cookies?
- Privacy policies of other websites
What data do we collect?
We process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification information: name, surname, language and country from which you interact with us, contact data, etc.;
- Order information: payment or card data, information on your purchases, orders, returns, etc.;
- Technical information: for example, device you use to access the website, web browser, IP address, time zone setting and location
- Information on preferences: your interests in regard to our products, any feedback you have given, newsletter subscription, etc.
When we ask you to fill in your personal data to give you access to any functionality or service of the Website, we will mark certain fields as compulsory, since we need that information to be able to provide the service or give you access to the functionality in question. Please take into account that, if you decide not to make such data available to us, you may be unable to complete your user registration or may not be able to enjoy those services or functionalities.
How do we collect your data?
There are three ways we can collect your data:
1. Most of the data is provided directly by you, when you:
- Create an account or place an order for any of our products or services;
- Register to receive our newsletter;
- Complete a customer survey, provide feedback via email or on any of our message boards, contact us with a query or to report a problem via e-mail or phone.
2. Automatically via technical information on your device: information on the way you use our website and when you do not complete certain activities on our website (e.g. when you leave a product in your cart or do not complete your order). The following technologies are used:
- “Cookies”: data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- “Log files”: track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps;
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
3. We may also receive your data indirectly from third parties: this mainly applies to technical data from analytical tool providers (e.g. Google), contact and financial details and information on the history of purchases you have made from payment and delivery service providers.
How will we use your data?
We process your personal data only to the extent necessary for a particular purpose and for a period necessary to fulfil this purpose. We process personal data when:
- You give us your consent to do so;
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract: for example, so that we can process your order and send you the goods you have ordered, and so that we can assist you through our customer service;
- We have a legitimate interest in processing the data for a specific purpose: for example, to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, improve and optimize our website, increase our customers satisfaction, etc.;
- Law requires us to process the personal data for a particular purpose.
Depending on how you interact with our Website, on the services, products or functionalities that you wish to enjoy, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration as user of the Website
This data processing is necessary on the terms regulating the use of the Website.
Duration: we will process your data for the time during which you remain a registered user, i.e. until you decide to unsubscribe.
- To develop, perform and execute the purchase or services contract that you execute with us on this Website
This processing is necessary in order to perform the purchase or services contract with you and because we have a legitimate interest to carry out the necessary verifications to detect and prevent potential fraud.
Duration: we will process your data for the time necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services that you buy, including potential returns, complaints or claims related to the purchase of the product or service in question.
- To meet requests or applications that you make to our customer support
Duration: we will process your data for the time necessary to meet your request or application.
- For marketing purposes
We are legally permitted to process your data for marketing purposes due to the consent that you give us, for example when you accept receiving newsletters from us, or when accepting the legal terms and conditions to participate in a promotional action or to publish your pictures on the website or on our social networks' channels. We also consider that we have a legitimate interest to process your personal data (browsing, preferences, purchase history, age range or language if provided, etc), because it allows us to improve your user experience and provide you with the information in accordance with your preferences.
Duration: we will process your data until you cancel your subscription to the newsletter or, if you participate in promotional actions, we will keep the data during 6 months from the end of the action.
- Analysis of usability and quality of our website, products and services
We consider that we have a legitimate interest in this data processing and analyzing since it allows us to improve your user experience and provide you a higher quality service.
Duration: we will process your data occasionally for the time during which we proceed to carry out a specific quality action or survey or until we anonymize your browsing data.
How do we store your data?
Personal data processing is undertaken manually and automatically within electronic information systems, mainly in electronic form. Your personal data is processed mainly by our own employees and processors. We are undertaking appropriate security measures (in particular technical and organizational measures) in order to protect your personal data from any kind of accidental loss, destruction, misuse, damage and unauthorized or illegal access.
To achieve the purposes mentioned above we have to give access to your personal information to third parties that provide us with support in the services that we offer you. We share your personal data with our suppliers, mainly delivery companies, IT suppliers, hosting and marketing services providers, provides of statistical and database software tools, and also with other entities which provide services to us. For example:
- With Shopify that we use to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy;
- With Google Analytics that helps us understand how our customers use the website and thus, allows us improve and optimize your user experience, as well as the products and services we provide. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- Marketing agencies and service providers such as Mailchimp that assist us in delivering our marketing strategy;
- Companies approved by you, such as Paypal should you chose to use their payment services;
- We may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. This is our legal duty.
For service efficiency purposes, some of these providers are located in territories outside the European Economic Area, including Canada and the United States. In such cases, we inform you that your data will be transferred with adequate safeguards while keeping your data safe, i.e. the recipient has adequate protections in place (including, adherence to domestic laws that have been deemed adequate by the European Commission, negotiated agreements, such as the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, contractual protections, approved sets of internal policies, approved codes of conduct or certifications).
Marketing & advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes (e.g. newsletters), to exercise this right please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
What are your data protection rights?
We undertake to keep your personal data confidential and to ensure that you may exercise your rights. You may exercise your rights free of charge by writing us an e-mail to email@example.com, simply informing us of the reason for your request and the right that you wish to exercise. If we consider this necessary to be able to identify you, we may request you to provide a copy of a document evidencing your identity. If you make a request we have one month to respond to you.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: you have the right to request us for copies of your personal data we process. If you are a registered user of our website you may also consult this information in the relevant section of your online account.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request that we erase your personal data to the extent that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing them, as we have explained above, or when we are no longer legally permitted to process them.
- The right to restrict processing: in some cases, such as when you challenge the accuracy, legality or our need to process your personal data, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data. If we comply with your request, we will restrict the processing of your personal data to the minimum necessary (and in general we will no longer actively process your data). We place a record in our systems that there are restrictions on your data. If these restrictions are cancelled and we intend to continue to process your personal data, we will inform you in advance.
- The right to object to processing in cases where the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request that we transfer the data you have provided to us and which we process (in a commonly used and machine readable format) to another organization or directly to you, under condition that we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, or in order to fulfil an agreement and the processing is also automated.
- If you think that there has been a breach of our obligations given by the law on the protection of personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Czech Office for Personal Data Protection: https://www.uoou.cz/en/ or another authority within a European Union member state which is entrusted with supervision over obligations in personal data protection being kept.
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
The cookies are an essential part of how our website functions. The principal objectives of using cookies are to improve your experience on our website. For example, the cookies help us to keeping you signed in (if you are registered in our website), to remember your preferences (language, market, etc.) during the navigation and in future visits, to manage the shopping cart, to allow you to carry out online purchases, etc. The information collected in the cookies also allows us to improve the website, by means of estimates on the numbers and patterns of use, the adaptation of the website to the users' individual interests, the improved speed of the searches, etc.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Strictly Required (Functionality) Cookies
These cookies are required for the website to function properly. They enable basic functions like recognizing you on our website, remembering your previously selected preferences, page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Such cookies are only set in response to your actions (e.g. language, currency, privacy preferences). You can set your browser to block these cookies but this might affect the way our site is working.
- Analytics and Statistics
These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic, to see traffic sources and to understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.
- Marketing and Retargeting
These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites